In any professional setting, the main objective is to always convey your information in a well-organized manner. The more organized it is, the better the goal is communicated and that much more professional you appear to be towards prospective, partners, customers and clients. You can do this by including index and binder tabs.
Here are the uses of index tab dividers:
- They help in marking up the important and necessary passages in the instruction manuals as well as catalogs.
- They help in improving the accessibility of presentation binders and employee handbooks.
- They help in improving the organization of materials.
- It keeps the sections of a presentation binder clearly divided into specific sections and when utilized to its optimum, these sections allow for an easier finding of information, especially when the clients or employees may be looking for it after a presentation is done.
- All these show clients, workers, partners and even to the employees that you have put in your maximum effort so as to ensure that the message you are trying to convey is clear, crisp, concise and easy to follow.
Now, there are two ways you could get all the benefits stated above- either by creating index tabs yourself or you can simply order off custom index tabs for your required needs. Custom made ones look professional and moreover, they present the information better. This will allow your clients to equate your business to a higher and better level of quality.
Tips for Using Index Tabs
Count up the number of sections
If you are offering custom index tabs then make sure you know how many sections you will be partitioning your information into. For this, think ahead about the topic, whether you want to use multiple tab styles or not.
Make the labels useful
Be certain regarding the labels you are using for the binder tabs, if the labels aren’t concise and specific enough then the reader won’t understand what each section is about.
Allow for growth
But it isn’t really as permanent as is being stated above, you could always buy blank tabs and then add into them manually if you are not sure of the labels you will need. There is always an option for growth during the project.
Mix and match the tab styles
You will find this helpful when you need to separate the sections from the further subsections. You can carry this out by using one color or size for some particular section and then opt for something else for a subsection. The options are endless.
Index tabs cab help keep information in an orderly manner, convey organization and a sense of purpose to the employees and show professionalism to outside clients. The reasons are endless regarding the usefulness of index tabs but no matter what, you shouldn’t use them if it affects the binder itself in a negative manner. Bottom line is, use it for making something better and nor for cluttering something needlessly.